Saturday, October 11, 2008

The Gold-digging Whores of. . .

Brave Tv network produces this series called "The Housewives of (enter title of large metropolitan US city)". They have made several now. The Housewives of Orange County, The Housewives of New York City and now The Housewives of Atlanta. I nicknamed it "The Gold-digging Whores of. . ." because these women are not housewives. They are dumb as a box of rocks and don't do a damn thing for themselves. They are the rich and elite socialites in each of their towns, but most of the ones featured are not married anymore. They do have a ton of money which they have now from being married. So, in that case, I should not be calling these women dumb. They actually are smart. They figured out how to have it all. They married into it and then left with at least half. After catching a few episodes (because I just can't help myself if I see this horrible tribute to the elitist idiots of the upper tax brackets in America being paraded across cable- I just have to tune in. It makes me feel somewhat morally superior even though my checkbook proves me to be financially inferior.) I watch in total surprise. The arrogance of these women, the self-centered behavior, the superiority, and the verbal drivel of repeated pride and pompous remarks that comes out of their mouths is amazing. It is like they have no idea that their own crap stinks. I am fascinated yet disgusted all at the same time. Of course, that is what makes for good "trash" reality television and what keeps us tuning in. . .

No comments: