Saturday, October 25, 2008

Flashback to the 80's

Today I went to the mall with a few friends and we shopped and hung out for hours. This is not a normal Saturday activity for any of us. We enjoyed ourselves and spent the afternoon catching up. We also observed that they cycle of fashion dictates, the 80's is rearing its ugly head and certain trends from my childhood are finding their way into my adulthood. I find this to be unfortunate, disturbing and amusing all at the same time. Today, I saw a teenage girl in fishnet stockings with a plaid mini skirt, tall black leather biker boots and black corset top. It was like I had stepped in a time machine and gone back 20 years to punk bands of the 80's! Or Halloween had come early and none of us had received the memo. . .Either way, this is an era of fashion best left in the past. I know that anyone who is my age or older with any good sense knows that mini-skirts are not a good idea, neon is a no-no and horizontal stripes can make a size 6 look like a size 12. Stop the insanity now. Stay in this decade!

No comments: