Sunday, June 04, 2006

The Windy Intruder

Holy shit! I leave the house for a meeting and come home to find my roommate coming out to the driveway cell phone and keys in hand about 5 minutes after I pulled in looking a little shaken. I thought she just wanted to rotate cars (I was now parked behind her) because she usually leaves before I do in the morning, and then she tells me, "I think someone was in our house." huh? WTF? She then proceeds to tell me that she was in our upstairs bathroom and looked up to see that the attic door is ajar. Neither one of us had touched it nor had her boyfriend. The only thing I could think of was that when they came to fix my Internet they re-wired through that space so I called my tech to see if he had done any re-wiring. I did reach him and he said no go on the disturbing of the attic. That did not help us. We decided to call the non-emergency number for the police. They sent over two officers who checked out the house for us and explained how our attic had a certain type of insulation that was like fluffy white snow and it had not been disturbed, but when it is really windy outside can create a suction effect and pull doors like ours ajar because there was a crack in the corner of the outside panel. My lord! All this mess because of the wind. . .

1 comment:

Miss Carnivorous said...

Bizarre, that is just bizarre, Julie!