Saturday, June 03, 2006

The Saturday Aftermath

Last night was a great night with friends. We did a little pre-funking at a friend's house and then headed out on the town. I had stocked his place with a bottle of alcohol for each of us. I figured if we were going to do this right, we might as well plan on being fully loaded. That, and I wanted everyone to have his/her choice of drinks. We just hung out and shot the breeze for several hours, laughing, joking etc, all of us drinks in hand until we decided we needed a change of scenery (more men) so we headed downtown. By the time we headed downtown, we were all feeling pretty good. At this point, we all could still feel our teeth. We did look for a bar so we could try to embarrass ourselves at karoake, but thankfully enough the one we went to that normally has it, did not last night. My ears are very happy. We ended up going in there to have a drink anyway. Interesting crowd there. We found some dartboards and made a sorry attempt to play darts. I am a terrible dart thrower. I did at least hit the corner of the piece of wood that the actual board was mounted on in the first round. . .
Next, we headed across the street to one of the only bars in this town that you can dance. The place is usually crowded, smoky, hot and the average age of the individual is 19. Last night was no exception. We did not care. We found our way to the bar, ordered drinks, and proceeded to the dance floor to shake our assets. Of course, my best friend was hit on by a 19 year old who wanted to take her home. It was a, "matter of life and death." The lines kids have these days. We finished our night downtown in this bar.
Our night did not end here. We headed outside after last call to find our way back to the car and gather up our crew when I was approached by an man who had paid me a compliment at the first bar. I must say that this is a brave man to come up to a group of mostly women to talk to a woman you don't know takes courage. He wanted to take me home. My friends were delighted. I was not in the mood, nor was I going to leave with a man and ditch them. I took his number. Cell phones are so handy.
We went back to my friend's house and decided to find the leftover pizza that we had from dinner and devour that and bullshit some more. We dwindled in numbers until it was just three of us and the clock read 4:50 freakin' am. We headed to separate sleeping venues and all tried to grab some shuteye. At around 8AM, my friend and I were both awake so we came home to get ourselves cleaned up and feeling human again. She and I decided to go to breakfast. By the time we got showered and ready to go it turned out to be lunch. Yes, I was moving slow today. I can admit I was not feeling like my normal bright-eyed and bushy-tailed self this morning. Can't say it was just the alcohol either. Like who has not been a little dehydrated? Besides, I was drinking water for awhile before trying to sleep. I have the wonderful pleasure of the post-car accident back problems and the knees of a 60 year-old at 30. So, needless to say, when I go out and dance (which I love to do), I expect to pay for it the next day and I do it with a smile on my face!!
Went to lunch and hung out some more before my best friend had to head home. After that, it was bed time for bongo. I had to get some ZZZZZZ's and I slept most of the day and into the evening today. I had not planned to do that, but I am so glad I did.

No comments: