Saturday, July 08, 2006

Moving

Well, at the end of the month I will be moving and as it turns out, the place will be mine from the beginning. I am excited about that part, but I HATE moving. I spent the majority of my holiday weekend packing. My mom was here the latter part to help. My parents, after all these years still believe in helping my brother and I take care of these kinds of things. He recently bought a house and they both drove down here to help with everything; mom help with the packing and dad lent his truck for the moving. Steve and I feel we are very fortunate to have parents that are so generous with their time. Even with Mom and Dad's help, moving me will be no small feat. I have accumulated a lot of stuff over the years and I just donated a bunch to charity. Downsizing is such a challenge for me as I am a self-admitted pack rat. Herein lies the argument for owning my own home, but not the price tag/debt that accompanies it.
We did pack a lot last weekend, but I still need to live here for 3 weeks, so we had to leave the essentials out and what did not get done, I am focusing on doing over the course of the next several weekends and in the evenings. I also hate to pack. I don't think anyone likes to move. You have to figure out where to put things, what you can live with while you are in transition, and what you can live without. Great! My life is in turmoil and now you want me to make decisions too. LOL. That is ok, though, because I am ready for the adventure. As mentioned previously, it is time for a change.

3 comments:

ZenPanda said...

The price tag/debt and the headaches of packing are worth every cent when it is YOUR house.
Congratulations!

Montana Diva said...

Unfortunately, when I said "mine", I meant I will be living alone. The price of real estate here is outrageous so for me, to purchase is still something in the future tense.

-bRad said...

It's outrageous for everyone. I heard a statistic that, on average, people moving into the Bozeman area can afford $150k ~ $180k for a home.

Considering there are NO homes (and pretty much no condos either) for that price, it's fairly astounding. Even the plots for homes start around $135k.