Thursday, May 25, 2006

Internet Service Will Make You Lose Your Keys

So, as it is, I work for an Internet Service provider. Now, that is fabulous as I am not paying for my service at my home. On the other hand, at this very moment, I have none and I am and Internet junkie. This has proved to be a very painful couple of weeks for me. I MUST HAVE INTERNET!!!! I use my high-speed Internet service every night. As you can imagine, I am going through heroine addict-like withdrawal symptoms as I type on this hi-jacked computer and am trying to stay away from the bright light at the end of the tunnel that is pulling me in to the promise land.

As it turns out, last night I had to go to a friend's place to use his computer and Internet service (end up driving 20 miles round trip with gas at $2.79 per gallon) to come home at 11:45PM to my house only to discover that I had no house key. It was conveniently locked in my house inside my pants pocket from the day before when I had given it to the technician from my office who had gone to my house to "fix" my Internet connection. I, of course, knew that if I did not take that key and immediately put it back on my key chain I would forget and something like the situation I was in last night would happen. But, did I find my keys and replace that key? NO!!!! I opted to drink a glass of red wine, put my feet up in my recliner and forget. I just left it in my pocket so I could stand on my sidewalk last night dumbfounded and be locked out of my house.
Now, I do live with my roommate Jen, but I could not under any circumstances wake her at that hour last night of all nights as today was THE big day for her. She has been studying for months to take this incredibly important exam and there was NO WAY I was going to disturb her.
So, I got back in my car, drove back to Bozeman and went back to my friend's house and stayed there until early this morning. What a cluster!
Needless to say, at 3:00PM this afternoon, I was headbobbing trying to stay awake on 5 hours of sleep. I am an eight hour a night gal - weekdays, weekends, no matter what. I have to have eight good hours of sleep to function. I can go with less, but I am not at my best.

Today, I am still without Internet service at my house, but I do have my house key. . .

No comments: