Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Deja TV

As if the first time these shows were on they were not bad enough, we get to endure them again. If you have no idea what I am talking about, I am referring to the rebirth of 90210 and Melrose Place. For those of you who don't have the pleasure of wasting brain cells on watching trash television, 90210 is on its second season on mega network the CW. Joining it there is Melrose Place with some of the original cast members. (Really?) Could not these out of work actors find a worse nighttime soap to "act" on? In all fairness, I grew up on the originals of both of these shows and of course, like most teenagers at that time, had a huge crush on most of the male cast members. At the time, most of us did not know that all of them were well into their twenties while filming the teenage drama. Of course, I am not not totally mocking these two shows since I have not seen an entire episode of Melrose Place redux yet, but I know this. How can you mess with a classic deliciously trashy original?

No comments: