Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Catch Up

I am not sure how to write eight months worth of posts in one post, so I won't even try. I realized the other day that I had not posted on my blog since last year and thought I would write a few lines. With Facebook and Twitter, who has time for blogging? Just kidding. I don't have time to social network my life away. There are days I have time to barely check my personal email. By the time I get home at night, I am really not wanting to drone away on the computer since I am in front of one at least 8 hours a day. And here I sit, messaging friends asking myself, how did we lose the personal contact of talking on the phone or sitting face-to-face with people and trade it for the "connected" life of instant messaging, Blackberries, iPhones, and social networking? I just do not know anymore. I am so guilty of it and these things are addicting! *Sigh* If it was not for work, I would not look at my Blackberry in the evenings at all. Some nights I don't even look at my cell phone and I miss text messages and phone calls because the ringer is turned down too low. As much as I rely on technology, I find myself running away from it having been immersed in it all day and wanting a a break from the madness. It is very ironic. I want it and don't want it all at the same time. . .

No comments: