Sunday, December 02, 2007

I am a Rock Star!


Ok, so maybe not, but I learned to play Guitar Hero III this past week and it was so freakin' hysterical! My nine-year-old nephew was assisting me with the tutorials and he was obviously frustrated with my lack of ability to catch on as quickly as he did. I was challenged by the entire concept at first, but I gave it my all. I chose Poison's "Talk Dirty To Me" for my first rock anthem and I was determined to strum my way to victory. Unfortunately, I was having difficulty with the timing of the strumming and remembering where my fingers were placed and adding the whammy bar- ok one thing at a time- folks. I am a beginner. As I said, my nephew was impatient with me not being able to just play and do it all right away, like I should be a rock star without practice. Lucky for me, after I massacred my first song, I decided to turn the guitar back over to him so he could show me how it was done. After he played for me and showed me up, I decided I can do this. I was better than that crazy video game and I chose Kiss's, "I Wanna Rock and Roll All Night." I doubled my percentage! WHEWHOOO!!!! I am a rock star now! Ok. like I said, maybe not, but I can see how this game is addicting. BTW- This photo is from something else, but I could not resist!

No comments: