Thursday, September 01, 2011

RTA

RTA is supposed to mean ready-to-assemble; however it really means "get ready to swear in four different languages while you use tiny tools made for hobbits." Also, I am not sure what the manufacturer's definition of ready-to-assemble is, but mine is "does not require a PhD in Mechanical Engineering and/or power tools" both of which I do not have and apparently needed to assemble my recently purchased "easy" to assemble RTA furniture. I had to call in reinforcements. I was not qualified for this endeavor. I am qualified to watch someone else struggle with my poor choices since this is somewhat amusing and only cost me some pizza and Cold Smoke. Everything turned out ok and the two pieces are nice enough. They will serve their purpose, but for the stress and blow to my ego, next time I will buy "real" furniture.

No comments: