Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Winter is here!

Thanksgiving just happened and Christmas is right around the corner. It seems like summer was just yesterday. I can't believe how quickly fall has passed and winter just arrived upon us. I actually don't mind winter. I am not a huge fan of the snow, but that is more because of bad road conditions. Snow is beautiful. Although, icy roads scare me and so do the crazy drivers who don't know how to maneuver on them!

Winter driving in Montana is not for sissies or for those with high blood pressure. A normal 20 minute commute can take 45-50 minutes after a snowfall when the temp has dropped below freezing and that is in an AWD vehicle. Road conditions here can just get a little sketchy after the snow falls. It is not a big deal, but I don't like to drive fast at all until I get a good feel for the condition of the road. That is my policy these days. I am really not in a hurry to get anywhere so much that I will risk my life, other lives or my new car. Just not worth it!

No comments: