Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Parlez-vous Francais?

Okay, I should have typed something in Spanish or Arabic or even Japanese, but it just so happens that I took 6 years of French. What was I thinking? Oh yeah. I remember. I live near Canada. I was not at all thinking when I was 12 years old that at 33 years old I would need to be bilingual in my own country of origin in order to function if I visit states that border Mexico. I am really at a loss that I did not have the forethought to think I would need to enroll in Spanish class over French class for those reasons. I just liked French better, despite the fact the majority of my good friends were in Spanish. Even then, I was a rebel. Now, I am just a patriot.
Is it just me or did someone forget what country this is? Am I not in the United States of America? Were we not founded by settlers who came over from England (native language English)? My point is when did America stop being about Americans? I can't even tell you how pissed off I am these days about all of the people that are fighting for the rights of illegal aliens and the oppressed and telling the rest of Americans that we are evil and unpatriotic because we want to keep our rights OURS! When did it become bad to be protective of the civil liberties that were ours to begin with? I know how wonderful it is to live here in the US- I live here! And if someone wants to live here that was not born here, then he or she needs to do it the old fashioned way. Cheating and coming into this country illegally is WRONG and is not fair to those who did it the right way. And the more people who support this, the more this country is going to suffer- financially and socially! We are in trouble. We are perpetuating a problem that we are not going to be able to fix if we don't stop and face the reality of the situation. We have been too nice for too long and our government isn't getting the job done! Wake up America before America is no longer yours!

No comments: